Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Monday, November 19, 2007

Catch-Up

I have been too busy to sit down and do much blogging. Too much fun I guess.
I sympathize with friend, mk, which is why I am blogging tonight instead of emailing her back (I'll catch you tomorrow, sister.)

So, I feel an update is in order... We are winning the battle of the fleas- was it the vinegar in the cats' water?(thanks, mk), the second dose of Frontline? The three baths? The carpet cleaner we got for our wedding? or maybe the 3,000 loads of laundry? One may never know, but Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Hey, Hey, Hey....Yippee!

Sadly, last weekend at a bar with friends, I lost my favorite scarf that I had just gotten. I think it slipped off the back of my chair and then when we moved tables, someone just took it. I felt horrible for losing it, but I went and bought the same one again this last week. This is no time to be scarf-less. Anyways, I know the person that now has it is going to experience some pretty awful karmic moments, since they stole it.

It was overall a fantastic weekend: weekly running and coffee date on sunny Friday morning, not much grad school work, dvd's of my favorite guilty tv show that I recently found out is also a favorite of LLC's, night in with husband, favorite "hot dish" for supper, good decision made Saturday morning- stood up to mom while on her holiday tirade, finished the last of fall yard work and got everything stowed for the winter (this felt great!)...

Saturday night we went to the Frida Kahlo exhibit with friends E & J and they took us out afterwards to a fancy dinner at Cafe Lurcat. (This was for taking care of their cats a while back and I think the fancy-ness level of the dinner was in direct relation to the poop-mergency we encountered one morning while they were away- thanks, guys!) A fantastic time-excellent food and good conversation. On Sunday we went on outlet mall with friends and found great success- including new flannel sheets for a steal, new shirts and ties for my now nationally-in-demand husband, and great Christmas presents.

In other news, we owe some thanks to friends A & G for telling us about a new device that has made our cats much more friendly to each other. It is a plug-in with a scent that only cats can smell. Essentially it is cat face-pheromones in a diffuser- these are their joy pheromones that make them feel calmer. We can't smell it, each plug in lasts a month, and things seem much calmer around here. Even though Nora still attacks Leo and there is the occasional "discussion" between the two of them, they will actually sleep near each other and have entered into a bed sharing agreement. It is a break through!

The basement work is going slow, a small wall needs to be moved, and after all this time without a washer hookup, the washer now seems to be on the fritz. Overall, though it is exciting to have the bathroom and laundry room completely framed in.

Now, it is home for Thanksgiving. The week at work flew by and I even made it through my really important, nerve-wracking meeting this morning. Hooray! Jff and I are staying at the cabin as our little get away (and also because the house is full) but I look forward to our time in front of the fire, all alone, in the snowy north. Hooray for snow during the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home