Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thank God for Thanksgiving

Now that I have posted my cathartic "I hate the holidays" rant, I should give thanks for my Thanksgiving. It was fabulous.

After a weather-stricken drive up north on Wednesday night, we hung out at Dad's house, had good dinner and caught up with brothers. Jff brought the wii, which of course was the after-dinner entertainment. I also helped NE find primary sources for his report on the Constitutional Convention (it pays to have a sister that taught government). A brought his friend TJ home from college with him. I have known TJ since A was a freshman so it was fun to see him.

Jff and I stayed up at the cabin alone, had some quiet time by the fire, and enjoyed the absolute silence that was there. Thursday morning we woke up late to a beautiful frost covered, super sunny day outside. We went for a run and enjoyed the crisp winter feel- lakes are already frozen!

We made it back to Dad's in time to have lunch and spend time with the fam. I snuggled on the couch with the dog and read most of the day while the boys played wii. Later on in the day, Dad and I went for a walk and I ran into a friend who I knew from high school and college. It turns out she and I are back in the same place-both working at the U. It was fun to reconnect.

Dinner was good, I even got into the sweet potatoes this year. Comic relief came when brothers had to share the piano bench so there were enough seats, those two are a little like oil and water (in a good way) and never fail to amuse. Pie was my favorite this year- cranberry and apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Yum.

By the end of the night we had grandma throwing cows on the wii (this is a travesty that we don't have a picture of this). We left late to spend the night at the cabin. A and TJ joined us and I got a chance to really engage with A about some of the things he is wondering about: college majors, his job, and life in general.

All in all- a great Thanksgiving. Thank God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home