Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Monday, September 28, 2009

Baseball's homerun

Maybe it's because we celebrated husband's birthday at the game this year, maybe it is because we had a game on while I was in labor with Benji (this is true, believe it or not), maybe it is because we got a new HD Television, or maybe it is because this summer watching the game in the evening while doing the bedtime routine became habit, but either way I have become a huge fan of our hometown baseball team.

I have always liked baseball. I remember watching the Cubs in the evenings at my grandparents house in the summer time. I remember my other grandma also being very knowledgeable about baseball. I played softball most of the way through my childhood. But this year it became something more. Recently I was able to quote a player's batting average accurately. I know names, positions, and many more rules than I ever have. Now when my dad and brother, Nate, start to talk sports with husband, I can contribute to the baseball portion with knowledgeable comments.

No matter how interested I have become, however, I have never done what I did tonight. I, wondering why the game was not on (and with Jff gone), went to MLB.com to find out.  I actually had to laugh while I was in the process at how proud husband would have been of me AND how far my baseball "phase" has progressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home