Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Get Out Now

Student projects will be the death of me some day. Last year it was the toxic project that was turned in with blood all over it. The year before that was the photo essay with a student of mine semi-naked in the picture. I should have known better this year.

The current project I am grading is an oral history-the students had to interview an immigrant and compare their story to the turn of the century when immigration to the U.S. was at its height. Oh, yeah, the 1900's must have been when the train ran between Italy and the United States...because my student explains in her paper that, "from Italy, she took the train to New York." It all makes so much sense now...



This is when the large, red light bulb begins flashing and there is the siren sound in my head. The loudspeaker begins to repeat at high volume: "Get out now, leave while you still can. We repeat, get out know, leave with your sanity...."

1 Comments:

Blogger mk said...

That reminds me of when I was helping grade college papers for Outdoor Recreation. (How much easier can it get, people?) The project was to write up a Wilderness trip plan for 7 days. I got the paper where the student planned a backpacking trip on The Gunflint Trail.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home