Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Weekend Report

It is Sunday morning with a day of work ahead of me. Ugh. A lot of work is for final exams which are this week, so that is a good feeling. Plus, it isn't so bad doing work at the end of a good weekend. It was a good weekend. I met and talked with former Vice President Walter Mondale on Friday night with husband. That was very interesting, sometimes you forget very famous people are very, very nice people, too. Friday night also included eating Lefse, which is something I haven't done in a long time. Good wine, too.

Yesterday, we got all of our Christmas cards sent off! Yippee! They had been sitting on my desk for the last week, mocking me every day, "you STILL haven't started..." I even went straight to the post office and sent them off yesterday morning. We also bought our Christmas tree at our little local coffee shop, where they deliver for free if you live in the neighborhood. That is good news for Honda Civic owners, although bad news for anyone who wants the tree before 4 hours later. Last year it was faster, but the tree is still nice, even though I have second thoughts about chopping down a good tree just to have one in my house for a month...I am excited about decorating it.

Yesterday also included a walk around our neighborhood lake when the sun was setting. Fun, especially because I found a new house project in the neighborhood to watch the progress of. A house two blocks away has just had the whole top floor wiped off and they are putting an addition on. This spring/summer/fall my obsession was centered around watching a brand new house go up a few blocks north of here. This was on our running route and I loved watching the changes. This one will be fun, although I am not currently running past it. I will try and take a picture to post.

Last night we went out with friends for dinner at a local restaurant that has pretty good food. We were having a great time, until we returned home to find our furnace was not blowing hot air. It just wasn't working- five degrees in the house lower that what it was set at. But that's 'cool', because what is $500 dollars? There is definitely not anything else I wanted to do with that sum. We also found a leak from our bathroom to our basement last night. All around good times. Anyways, the furnace will be fixed tomorrow, it was a warm weekend relatively speaking, and we ended up having a fabulous time last night making cookies to keep the kitchen warm, drinking warm drinks, and hanging out under blankets. Plus, this morning it was only down to 60 degrees in our house. Not bad for a broken furnace.

Finally, Leo and Nora have finally begun to bury the hatchet. Nora is doing her best to keep it alive and well, but things are slowly changing. They are beginning to spend more and more time in the same room, even successfully BOTH sleeping with us upstairs both nights this weekend. It is nice to see Leo not even hiss when she walks right by him. Hopefully that keeps up, because everyone needs snuggle buddies.

Okay, enough procrastination. Grad school work, here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home