Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Walk On

Oh the torment of dating... Several friends have reminded me in the last few days of the agony that goes along with putting yourself out there and hoping for the best. I think everyone should go through it, but the doubt and the questions can be so sad.

I moved to a big city I had never known because then-boyfriend said he would move also. Well, you know the rest of the story. BF decides not too, I have already committed to a job and go alone to live in a very lonely city for a year. Good lesson, but one that I thankful I don't have to go through again. Friend A's story of going through tons of work to be able to work in Paris for a month to be with BF, but then drama occurs, and non plus Paris avec BF is keenly understood.

One day, it will all add up to a happy ending. If you can put yourself out there and be real, you will eventually find the person who thinks you are so worth it. The secret is, until that person comes along, you have to keep walking with your chin up and your eyes open to the future.

"All the life we were burning through... What with your memory shall I do? I opened up the deepest of my inside, it was all I had. So where did I go wrong with you?"
-Martin Sexton

"One day you said everything was just right, I don't see how it changed overnight. One day you said everything was so strong, the next day you turn to me and say its been wrong all along."
-Ben Harper

"But you put the happy in my ness, you put the good times in my fun. And it so hard to do and so easy to stay. But sometimes, sometimes you just have to walk away. Walk away and head for the door."
-Ben Harper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home