Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Important Reminders of Real Life

Nothing is a reminder of reality quite like returning from vacation without anytime to finish posting about your adventures- I will get to it, though. I had briefly forgotten, although I worked almost constantly in the car when I wasn't driving, what it was like to not have 8 things competing for the next hour of my time, every hour of the day. I just have to hang in for three more weeks...

Nothing is a reminder of how lucky I am than a new song I got on vacation, just a few quotes from the new Martin Sexton CD that I particularly like...I am excited for the concert this weekend, no matter what!

You and me here all alone
Sunday morning here at home
The sky is blue as the coffee's strong
It's true

But then I open my eyes
To this dream realized
In front of me
Oh and I haven't got a clue
What is the world is happening to me

I think I'm happy
Like the first day of summer vacation
Happy when I get some rest and relaxation
Happy like the choir on Sunday morning
Sweet and true.

And the last reminder when I think of what has been and what will be as the future creeps towards me...

Thank god for failure
And the things I couldn't do
So much of my life
It's all I ever knew
Thank you for failure
And the mighty music
For making the dreams that chose me

I listened to an interview where MS talked about this song, "Failure". He talked about how no one ever talks about their failures- like it is some sort of secret. Instead the failures should be celebrated because they always put you on a little better path. It is all about how you deal with your failures and those of the people around you.

I think I like this idea because I make lots of mistakes, but I also work really hard to not make the same mistake twice. I am learning how wonderful it is to have people around you that love you anyhow, no matter what. That love you for trying, not just for succeeding all the time. I am thankful that through them, I am learning how to do the same for others. An important reminder...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home