Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Environment Matters

One of the classes I took this semester asked us to design something that we wanted to work on in the future. I designed an alternative school focused around civic engagement, wellness, and sustainability. I wrote about 40 pages on this school and much of what I kept stressing, aside from the major focuses of the school is that ENVIRONMENT MATTERS. And so does CHOICE.

As I set out in a new direction, I am relieved to see ideas like this classroom making it to schools. And thanks to the Star Tribune for reporting on it. Kids are our greatest hope for the problems of today and the solutions of the future. We can't afford to treat them like cattle and build windowless, uninspiring barns for them to learn in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home