Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Dear Winter: Bring It.

Snow in December: I love it! This is the winter I remember from childhood! Although, I may change my tune in March, for now, keep it coming!

I have been delighting in the winter wonderland feeling that everything has these days. All the trees in our neighborhood are covered with a picturesque branch cover, and everything else is clean white. Although it means a lot of shoveling, it just provides me another reason to get outside and be warm in the cold.



Because of snow and below freezing temps so far this month, we have been able to:
  • Ski the arboretum, the H. golf course, and at T.W. park.
  • Play on the pond in back of the in-laws house on Christmas day.
  • Play broomball tonight with part of our team.
  • Shovel to our hearts' delight.
  • Use the roof rake (fun).
The only time so far this year that I have cursed the weather is on our drive south to family. It was a harrowing trip down the freeway with blowing wind, ice everywhere, and 36 counted cars in the ditch (including 3 semi's). A drive that would normally have taken four hours took about seven, so we stopped and stayed in the town of my alma mater and had a nice night in a hotel.

So, with another batch of snow predicted for tomorrow, I say: bring it on- I am not going anywhere except maybe out to shovel, do some more skiing, or go walking in my new boots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home