Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Tide Turned Today

In the midst of a lot of what I would call life trauma lately (a forthcoming post), today was a fabulous day for many simple little reasons:
  • For the first time in a week, we went for a run this morning. Normally we run regularly and religiously, and with the holidays and what some are suspecting to be a stress fracture in my foot, we haven't gone. Because of that, the run today felt amazing (even with a horrible pain in my foot.)
  • I picked up my gloriously beautiful, repaired car that looks brand new and drives like a dream and found out that our mechanic saved us loads of money on the insurance claim. *sigh of relief and happiness for having a mechanic I would trust with anything*
  • We went to my favorite deli for lunch. It was so fun to get heaping big gyros and feel like it was a huge treat.
  • The afternoon included a visit to the "scratch and dent" sale at an outdoor store and I got a Smartwool long underwear top for $9.
  • I finally found the answer to my gym bag woes- for $10. It is so refreshing to find the exact simple thing- no bells and whistles, that I was looking for at the first store I went to.
  • We attended a championship hockey game of my brother's at nearby rink. It was an exciting game with lots of cheering- and they won!
  • Jff and I had drinks with a couple that we really enjoy- and they honored us with rare honesty and a conversation about real issues and questions. It is a time with them I will always remember.
  • I am sitting here blogging while my cats are thundering around the house- upstairs and downstairs, in unison, without anger at each other. They are having fun together. Maybe a first.
  • And of course, I am blogging, which I really like.
Yippee for an unexpectedly wonderful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home