Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Monday, October 05, 2009

Faultless Customer Service

Several months ago we bought a new can of starch. The next day as I was ironing, the starch fell off the ironing board and the plastic spray tip, the "actuator" broke upon impact. The can was still intact, but with out the plastic nozzle I couldn't spray the starch anymore. I was frustrated that it was a new, full can. I thought I was going to have to throw the whole can away, but I couldn't bring myself to create that much waste so I just put it in the closet.

The other day I found the nozzle-less bottle and realized that I could possibly contact the company for a new tip. I wondered if I should use some of my rare moments of free time on such a stupid task, but decided it was worth it, hoping I would get some sort of response.

In about three minutes I found the Faultless Starch/Bon Ami Company website. A second later I was using their customer comment email form to ask them for a new actuator tip. That was at 9 pm. The next morning BY THE TIME I GOT TO WORK, I had a response. The customer service representative emailed me back to ask about the condition of the can and if a new plastic piece alone would fix the problem. Upon confirmation, they sent out a new actuator for me.

Last Friday, a few days after emailing the company, I get a letter in the mail. In the envelope are four new actuator tips, five coupons for free cans of any variety of Faultless Spray Starch, and a very nice letter. The letter describes how to safely reattach the actuator tip, and what to do if I thought that the can was actually damaged:

"It would be helpful, should you have any product difficulty in the future, if you would return the questionable can so that our quality control laboratory may examine it. As we try and provide the best product possible; the data that we collect from returned cans allows us to continually improve our products and keep updated on the occurrences out in our distributors and retailers. You may send the product by domestic surface mail through the USPS as this is a ORM-D classified product and is safe for ground shipping; naturally we will reimburse you for the product and postage upon receiving the item."

After reading the letter, I was floored. I had not expected such accommodating service. Now that is customer service!!!! Through a simple letter, a few coupons, and fast service that company has solidified a customer for life- a lesson they could teach a few other companies lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home