Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Commentary from month 9

I have been thinking about blogging all week, but by the time I have gotten near my computer I have been either too busy or too tired to be literate or interesting. A nice Saturday evening with friends tonight, with an early end. I am so happy to be free at 10 pm to read, blog, and just hang out with husband at home.

Sending out a big welcome to the blogging world to my friend and favorite humorist, Megan. There is no one that can make me laugh harder at daily life than you, Megan. Absolutely the best running commentary around. From the days of the "blanket rack" at the pack store, I still catch myself laughing at quotes that Megan could elicit from SS, "I will have viable 'seed' until I am at least 80," being one of my very favorites. I am also remembering a particular instance with a fire man figurine... What was that all about, again? Either way, I am looking forward to the retelling of the low-rise pant story on the blog, along with a few other ones.

First week of grad school and school-school down. check, check. I am finding it really strange to leave school at noon everyday and to have time in the afternoon at home. It goes against all schedules I have had since I left college. I have been on a strict school schedule come September for so long, I still feel like I am skipping when I head down the highway early in the day. It also feels a little like the summer hasn't ended or something... I am sure I will get used to it. Sometime around February, when I am able to see the sun everyday, I will probably swear off ever returning to a full-time job where I am stuck in a classroom with no windows.

In other news, I have never been so confused by kitty behavior. Leo and Nora are still not getting along. That is understandable, though, once you watch Nora's behavior toward Leo. She constantly stalks him, attacks him, and pesters him. This may sound really, well... kitty-like, but I honestly think it is beyond that at this point. She knows that it is bad, she runs and hides after she attacks him, but keeps on doing it. I don't think she is curious about him anymore, I think that it has become some sort of obsession for her. He, meanwhile, is constantly worried. He gets nervous at any strange noise, he scans each room he enters fearfully looking for her, and worst of all he cannot escape from her. She has figured out all of his hiding spots. I am now creating places for him to sleep so that she cannot find him. He runs to his litter box and pees as quickly as possible so that she won't get him before he is done. Husband and I have tried punishing her by giving her time outs in her room, yelling, clapping loudly, spraying her with water, and also by using positive reinforcement when she doesn't run after him. We play with her several times a day to keep her boredom at bay... Hopefully she grows out of this soon because we love her to death, she is the sweetest cat I have ever known other than the fact that she is tormenting our other cat.

Maybe it is a bad thing that I am blogging about the relationship between my cats...

On another note, I am started to get really excited about our week-long honeymoon vacation to Hawaii coming up in October. I think it will be such a fun break from the norm! Plus, I have never been. We got a helicopter ride around the island as a wedding present from brother, P, and are scheduling a island-hopper trip to Kauai so that we can do some hiking while we are there. I will also be all set for some non-school time by then. Thanks to friend LL, I already have a great book about parts of the islands history to read while I am there! Yippee!

Lastly, I have been nagged by the horrible feeling all day about my wedding pictures that we finally got to see this morning. I really like them. I really like the work the photographers did. But... for some reason, there is still something that is bothering me about them... I don't like a lot of the pictures of me, funny gaps with the way the dress fit me, stupid looks on my face, hardly any pictures of family, wedding guests, or wedding party other than the formal shots. I was disappointed that due to the weather there are hardly any outdoor pictures... Maybe I just had my hopes too high that they would be really stunning.

I think the worst part is that I feel badly that I feel badly. I wanted to be wholly satisfied and now that there is that little nagging feeling that I don't LOVE them, I feel guilty. I don't want husband to feel bad, I don't want BHH to think I am complaining about the photographer she recommended or that I am just being too picky, I don't want people to think I not grateful to have had a great wedding and a really good photographer. Maybe they will grow on me, and until that happens I will try and not say anymore about it.

My next blog post is going to be about bathrooms. I am sure the .02 people that read my blog are pumped!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home