Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

It has been a good Thanksgiving break. It started Tuesday at noon due to school schedule and it has been great to just have a little time. Things had gotten a little frenetic before the break, and it will be right back to that Monday. The semester ends soon for grad school and at the high school the drive up to Christmas break always makes me a little car sick.

This is what has been done since Tuesday at 11:30 a.m....

-shopping trip and dinner with friend on Tuesday evening. Much needed Christmas shopping ideas.

-Painted the upstairs bedroom of our house. Pretty much the same color- a warm cream/yellow color- but wow what a difference a clean coat of paint makes. The whole upstairs is much more fresh. Now I just have to figure out new window treatments.

-New bed delivered on Wednesday at noon. AHHHHH... is about all I can say. I am now a believer in the difference a bed can make. Simmons Beautyrest, you are beautiful to me.

-Day-trip up north to see the Dad-Fam. Fun time playing "razzle-dazzle" football game with family and friends on the shores of Superior. I was the QB a couple of times and threw to Dad who made a TD. Exciting to be playing anything outside in the end of November, especially only in my fleece vest.

-Watched Jff and brothers play Madden Football(TM) video game and watched some of the Chapelle show (TM). Hmmmm is all I can muster. But loved seeing the boys.

-Haircut on Friday. The usual place, but a new girl. Ugh is about all I can say about that one. Really bad haircut. I left the salon wondering how my directions could have been misconstrued to look like what was on my head. Oh well, I will deal until I get my next haircut unless my hair grows into anything resembling a mullet, that is where I draw the line.

-A visit to the gym felt good, especially since this time I remembered my socks and sports bra- unlike my visit Tuesday.

-Wedding pictures ordered (thank God, that was an over-whelming task) on line.

-A second "thanksgiving" dinner with husbands extended fam last night. I am LOVING the twins-now about 8 months old-they just get more and more fun and cute.

-Tonight a dinner and games with friends at our house.

Good stuff. I am thankful for all of it, especially having paid time off (which husband keeps chattering about), enough food to eat (especially father in-law's home-made turkey soup), wonderful, loving family and friends around (honorable mention goes to husband, Jff), a warm house (with two cute kitties), and the luxuries we can afford like paint, dinners out, and a new bed.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home