Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Fall and New, Fun things.





Fall is a good time to do and think about new things. It goes against that idea that you are just "settling" in for winter. So in that vein, husband and I participated in a bicycle pub-crawl last night with a bunch of friends ("Prince" member's were the most fun!). It was a great time. Although it was cold and rainy, we were successful in hitting 4 bars (Cuzzy's, Grumpy's, Nye's, Grumpy's DT) with our biking crew of about 15. What fun it was riding through dark streets with a bunch of blinking bike lights in front of you... It felt like we were apart of some sort of bike-swarm. My favorite part of the night was when we rode over the stone arch bridge and had a beautiful view of night-time downtown. Too bad those pictures didn't turn out...(I need Scratching Post's skills and camera) I will post the ones that did.

Anyways, I have to admit that I am a pretty good bike driver even after a few too many beers. AC, my favorite Canuck, was not so lucky as you can see below... Small wipe out on the way to Grumpy's. But all in all, it was a good night. When it was all over husband and I ended up riding home between 1 and 1:30 a.m. all the way from Northeast. I didn't feel quick so bad about drinking all the beer I had when I realized that we probably rode at least 15 miles in all.

Another new item is the latest Willy Porter CD that I have been listening to for the last couple of weeks. It just came out in the middle of September and is fabulous. It is called, "Available Light" and it is so good I really can't even name my favorite song. He is at the CCC the first weekend of October. Can't wait.

The last new is fall frisbee. Which is not necessarily new, since this is my fourth (!?!) season playing, but, I love playing in the fall. The weather lately has been a bit tricky, but we have been lucky on Sunday afternoons so far. Yippee for outdoor activities in the fall!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home