Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Friday, September 15, 2006

What would you rather be doing?

Another wedding weekend... As we were driving north this afternoon, I felt it descending upon me... Updos, slide shows, programs, flowers, pictures, nail polish. After a wedding a month, for 5 months running, including my own, I am just done with weddings.

I should be really excited... This weekend is my sister's wedding. It is really nice to see extended family, especially baby Luke, otherwise however, my enthusiasm is in the low numbers. I want to see Katie and Chris enjoying marriage (much like myself and wonderful husband), I want to know they get all the gifts that they registered for and need, I want to know they truly enjoyed their wedding. I just don't want to be in it, at it, or within 10 miles of my mother right now.

Maybe tomorrow will get me all revved up, but for now, I can feel Hwy 4 calling me up to a fall weekend at the cabin. Reading, sleeping, runs, soup for lunch with husband. That would be the life. So while I am smiling for all the pictures tomorrow, I will just be imagining myself reading on the couch with a lake nearby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home